Plimview Ltd ( trading name P Shah Opticians) is a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2017 and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Plimview Ltd registration number is 10005877 and its registered address is 152 City Road London EC1V 2NP
The GDPR is an EU wide policy which seeks to safeguard the use of personal data and provide protect ion against unlawful processing.
This Privacy Notice explains what Personal Data the practice holds, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights and freedoms under the Law.
What personal data do we hold?
The practice holds and processes information about you including:
- Your name
- date of birth
- contact telephone numbers
- email address
- your medical history
- details of employment, driving history and lifestyle
- current and past sight test results
- correspondence between optometrist and GP/ hospital
Why do we collect this information?
We collect this information and use it for the following purposes:
- To enable us to carry out an eye consultation
- To provide our products and services to you
- To remind you when your next sight test is due
- To refer you to other healthcare professionals
Our aim is to provide you with appropriate, high quality, safe and effective optical care and treatment.
What is the Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data?
The Law says we must tell you this:
- We hold patients’ data because it is in our Legitimate Interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively. Also, we must hold data on NHS care and treatment as it is a Public Task required by law.
Who might we share your data with?
We can only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so.
- Patient data may be shared with other healthcare professionals who need to be involved in your care (for example if we refer you to a specialist or hospital)
- We may share your prescription with other optical practices if you have asked us to do so.
- We may pass personal information to health authorities, including the NHS.
- Patient data may also be stored for back-up purposes with our computer software suppliers. Please be aware that your personal information may be stored on a cloud based system.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
- Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly. You can make your request in writing or verbally. You will be asked to provide one photo ID such as a driving licence and one supporting document such as a utility bill. We will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner. There will be no fee for this unless the information has already been provided to you previously. In this case there may be a small charge
- Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
- Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
- Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
How long is the Personal Data stored for?
- We will store your data for as long as we are providing care, treatment or recalling you for further care. We will archive (that is, store it without further action) for as long as is required for legal purposes as recommended by the NHS or other trusted experts recommend.
What if you are not happy or wish to raise a concern about our data processing?
|You can complain in the first instance to Praful Shah at P Shah Opticians by writing or visiting the practice at 152 City Road London EC1V 2NP or by telephone on 0207 2531309 0r emailing on email@example.com. We will do our best to resolve the matter.
If you do not get a response within 30 days or are not happy with our response then you can complain to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.